The most common use of notary publics is to certify signatures on documents. If you need to have this done, be sure to bring along some official form of photo identification.
The New York State Department of State has listed the following as the functions of a Notary Public.
- Administer oaths and affirmations
- Take affidavits and depositions
- Receive and certify acknowledgements or proof of written documents such as deeds, mortgages and powers of attorney
- Demand acceptance or payment of foreign and inland bills of exchange, promissory notes and obligations in writing.
In addition, we are knowledgeable and efficient in handling the notarization of these types of important documents:
- Certified Copy of Power of Attorney
- Oath Affirmation
- Power of Attorney
- Immigration papers
- Trust Deeds
- Quitclaim Deeds
- Affidavit forms
- Vehicle Transfer of Title
- Loan documents
- Health care
- Employer pension/401(k) forms
- Emergency "spouse permission" forms for overseas flights
We also handle the following types of transactions:
Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC)
Sales or Purchase Transactions
Reverse (Home Equity Conversion) Mortgage